April 27, 2013

Chemo Is Over!

It's over! The chemo part that is. I went in for the tenth and final treatment two days ago! It was the first time I've looked forward to spending my entire day at the cancer center. I felt like this day was never going to get here!

I'm hoping to be fighting the side effects for the last time! I'm anxious for the muscle and joint pain to fade away. The numbness and tingling in my hands and feet have got to go too!

My cancer center just moved into a brand new wing of the hospital. It's modern, bright and beautifully appointed. But, it is still a cancer center. So, as nice as the new Ambulatory Infusion Unit looks now with it's new recliners (complete with heat and massage) and your very own TV on a swivel arm...I have no desire to see it again! The nurses in there (all wonderful) told me I could at least drop by and say 'hi.' I thought about it for half a second and told them 'no, I don't think so!'

"Congratulations! You did it! Love, Mom and Dad"
(Thank you!!!!)


Of course, I'll be back to the cancer center many times. I have a follow-up appointment with my medical oncologist in about three weeks. I have a mammogram and an appointment with my surgeon next week. I also have six weeks of radiation treatments on the horizon. But, until then I will celebrate having survived the monster that is chemo!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've been following along but haven't commented. I finished chemo on March 6th and it feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go to you too! I hope you are doing well!

      Delete