August 5, 2012

"What Cancer Cannot Take"

When I got home from the hospital, I had a gift waiting for me from a friend. It was a beautiful mug with the following poem (author unknown):

What Cancer Cannot Take From You

It cannot take away
your faith, shatter
your hope
or lessen your love.
It cannot destroy true
friendship,
invade the soul or take
away eternal life.
It cannot conquer
your spirit.

How true! If anything, it brings out the best in some people and guides you to your true friends. It puts you at the center of of many prayers and that is a humbling experience!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful mug. Something to remind you how beautiful life is. Sorry that you are sore and tired. Happy that your parents are there. Praying for you, call when I can help, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished 18 months of treatment and my daughter and granddaughter brought me a basket with fun things in it when I went to the first chemo.. Along with gummy lifesavers ( for sore mouth-- yummy) and Propel , Suduko book and pink baseball cap they included the pink coffee mug and I read the poem every morning was ready to face the day with a positive attitude. It helped me remember to thank god for the strength and courage to take the journey of healing.

    ReplyDelete