January 16, 2013

"Pink Out!"

I'm not terribly shy. I know, I can hear those of you who know me laughing right about now. However, I'm not going to win an award for "most outgoing" either. So, it was a surprise to me when I found myself on stage in front of a crowd of people last week! Of course, I couldn't really see them with all the lights in my eyes!

I got to attend the Mizzou gymnastics "Pink Out" meet which raises money for Ellis Fischel Cancer Center (a place I'm intimately familiar with now). They needed some token breast cancer survivors to honor on stage before the meet started and since I am a big fan of free stuff, I went! Seven of us walked on stage and waved (we tossed around the idea of dancing Gangnam Style, but we chickened out)! Then we each got a free t-shirt and a pink carnation (which my daughter promptly stole from me)!

The gymnastics meet was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the night out! We will do it again sometime as regular, paying guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment