October 26, 2012

"Hats, Teeth and Other Misc. Stuff"

I'm in the middle. It's been two weeks since my second round of chemo and it is just  less than two weeks until chemo number three. These are supposed to be my "good days." They are, from a chemo standpoint. However, my mouth has betrayed me. The pain from having my tooth pulled at the oral surgeon's last week is lingering. Way. Too. Long. I don't know what is taking it so long to heal, but a hurting mouth makes everything a little less fun.

I also don't know what to do about my hair. What's left of it, that is. I'm in mandatory hat mode. Without the hat, I look a dog with the mange. I've lost 75 to 80% of my hair. I'm just guessing. I know that God knows the number of every hair on my head. That must be an easier job for him now. For now, I need more hats I guess. My Mom bought me a cute one and my Aunt surprised me by sending me a hat made just for me! It was a nice surprise!
 


I'm also very appreciative of those who have made food for us. It has made life much easier! Thank you to Kristin Steelman for the three frozen, homemade meals! They didn't spend much time in my freezer! Thanks to my Mom for leaving some chili in the freezer! Thanks to Val for always surprising us with dinner! Thanks to my cousin Joni for the Applebee's gift card (we recently enjoyed some 'car side to go')! Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. So I am reading along here. And scrolling down as I go. And, suddenly, I see a picture of Becky. Okay, so it turns out it's a picture of you. But I can't begin to tell you how much you look like Becky here: hat on, practically the exact same eyes.

    And since you know how beautiful Becky was, you know how beautiful you are.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a compliment! I don't know if I agree, she was soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look beautiful. And I love the hat! <3

    ReplyDelete