September 20, 2012

"1 Down...9 To Go"

The Chemo countdown is on! I went to the cancer center yesterday for treatment numero uno. It took a while, but not too bad! First, there were the hour-long pre-meds (to keep nausea at bay), then the Adriamycin (which only takes 20 minutes). However, I had to eat popsicles and ice the entire time. This is supposed to help prevent the mouth sores. Then the Cytoxan had to drip for an hour. All in all, the administration of the drugs was not a problem and having the chest port implant was great!

So, once I got home I started the big "fluid push" to help flush the toxins out of my system. I managed to drink 80 ounces of various fluids (now I feel like a blimp)! My biggest complaint is a giant headache that just won't subside. I'm not really sure what the deal is with that! Otherwise, I don't feel bad. Sometimes, I feel on the very low edge of queasy, but not much. I just want to keep it that way.

A very nice friend/neighbor brought dinner for the family tonight so we didn't have to worry about that. She also baby-sat Jayce during my whole appointment so that Kent could be with me. So, a huge thank you to Val (because this isn't even the first time she has helped us in this way)! Thanks goodness for us that she just retired...there goes God's timing at work again! :)

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to call you yesterday to see how how you were doing, but did not want to bother you. So glad that you are blogging. I hope that the headache subsides and the nausea goes away. It's all in God's timing, isn't it? There was a reason that He wanted me to retire.

    ReplyDelete