September 4, 2012

"Cancer With Bad Juju"

It's time to nail down a plan. That's what I hoped for as I visited my medical oncologist for the second time today. First, he said my heart is "robust" (according to the gated heart scan I recently had - also known as MUGA scan). Second, the PET scan I had showed nothing bad! Third, he said my cancer had bad "juju." Is that a highly technical medical term? He also called it some other nasty names.

This is where the chemo plan comes in. Door number three (the bad juju) means aggressive, heavy duty chemo. Those are my Doctor's terms, not mine. My excitement is starting to build (insert sarcasm)!

Chemo treatments will begin in two weeks! I used an exclamation point in hopes that it would make me feel excited and less bummed about the fact that they will drag on for nearly seven months. I don't think it worked, yet. I will have 10 cycles. That's once every 21 days, unless something causes a delay. Such as certain low blood counts or me just not showing up! Okay, okay, I'll show up. I'll even try to be brave! I have too because everyone keeps telling me how strong I am. I never thought of myself that way, but maybe I'll start to believe it too!

1 comment: