September 13, 2012

"39 and NOT holding!"

"It's your birthday! It's your birthday!" I was singing that part in case that wasn't clear! Well, I don't know if it is your birthday, but it is mine and I'm really happy about it! Usually, as you get older the birthday takes on less meaning and you rather hope that not much attention is brought to it. Since I'm turning 39 today I'm supposed to start going with the "39 and holding" saying. But, I'm throwing that line of thought into the trash!

It's amazing how your perspective can change based on life events. When I was pregnant with my now 12-month-old, I was like Grandma Moses having a baby! I was constantly seeing paperwork with "advanced maternal age' printed on it. Now that I have breast cancer, suddenly I'm young again! I am constantly told by doctors, nurses and other breast cancer survivors how young I am! Well, it is good to be young again!

So, there will be no "39 and holding" for me! Bring on 40! I will be happy to see it and 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 too (if I should be so lucky)!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! :D

    I plan on making it to 90 as well. Hey if my grandmother who turn 90 this year, can survive cervical cancer at 50 and do it, so can I. And so can you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    I'll celebrate your 90th with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan! We have some time to come up with a good theme! I may not know who you are, but we'll still have a good time! ;)

      Delete
    2. You know who I am...your cousin. Does my picture really look that different?

      Delete
    3. Silly girl...I meant I may not know who you are when I am 90! :) Of course I know you now...chemo brain hasn't started yet! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, right! Chemo brain hasn't started but we all know you have mommy brain...I wasn't sure what you remembered about me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthdays are very wonderful. Enjoy every one of them!

    ReplyDelete