September 28, 2012

"Getting My Groove Back!"

It could have been the shirt. It could have been the caffeine infusion from a white chocolate mocha. It could have been the prayers. Whatever it was, I felt like I got my groove back! I faced the day with my new hot pink "Fight Like a Girl" T-shirt and I could feel the attitude permeate my entire body!

The day before I was sick of dragging. I was sick of feeling sick. I finally presented my problems to the cancer center's symptom evaluation clinic. They pumped me full of fluid for dehydration, did lab work and ran a test for a stomach infection. The test came back negative and I was then given the green light to pig out on meds that would make me feel better!

I woke up yesterday just knowing that it was going to be a good day! It finally was! I had the energy to run a couple of errands with Jayce, clean up the house a bit and I even cooked dinner for the first time in a week! I enjoyed beautiful weather and sat on my deck to take a phone call from my high school BFF (we haven't talked on the phone in years)! Life gets busy. Then priorities become more clear. This day, I slowed down, breathed in life and enjoyed it moment by moment not worrying about what the next day or the next month may bring. I can only hope there will be more days like this one!

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    YEA for you, so glad to hear that news! See you Sunday.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete