July 13, 2012

"The Big Needle"

Almost a week later, I faced off against the big needle. My nerves were all over the place! I had an ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy. After finding the area they wanted to biopsy with the ultrasound, the radiologist injected local anesthetic. That stings, but not for long. After that, I couldn't tell you what they did because I certainly wasn't going to peek! After the hollow needle was placed, a vacuum type device helps suck out a piece of the bad blob. They tape the tiny incision with steri-strips, cover it with a dressing and wrap a big ace bandage around you.

I was told my doctor would call me with the results in a few days. I was sore for a bit, but glad to have it over. I honestly thought I would now be able to move on and put this whole deal behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment