July 13, 2012

"The Bombshell"

June 25, 2012...D-Day...the day that will live in infamy for me personally. Oh, and it was a Monday (figures)! A busy morning of getting everyone ready for getting where they needed to be. My husband left for work and took the baby with him to drop off at the sitter on his way. I had just finished getting ready for work and watched my daughter get on the bus for summer school. As I was gathering my things, my phone rang. I figured someone had forgotten something!

It was the doctor's office receptionist informing me that my biopsy results were in and could I please make an appointment to come in and see the doctor about the results the next day. I could just feel the color draining out of me as my heart started pumping like crazy. I told her that I did not want to make an appointment, thank you very much, I wanted the doctor to call me today and tell me the results. I wasn't waiting 24 hours to unravel this mystery. I could tell she didn't want to do it that way, but said she would have the doctor call me.

As soon as I hit END on my phone, I started dialing my Mom at work and lost it. I told her it was obviously bad news! I didn't even finish talking to her before the doctor herself called me back. I was crying and upset before she even said a word. She just kept saying "I really don't want to do this over the phone. Jennifer, I really don't have good news."

No comments:

Post a Comment