July 17, 2012

"Oops, we hit a snag"

Okay, I was ready for "the big appointment." It had taken on monumental proportions in my head. It was time for my husband and I to see the surgical oncologist again to decide what type of surgery would be best for me. I was armed with a notebook full of questions.

Instead, she came into the little room to report that the MRI showed something in my left breast. Something tiny, she assured me. Something solid, but not really suspicious. Guess what this means? Me versus the big needle, part two! Another biopsy was scheduled. I loved the first one so much, why not try it again!

I left the appointment feeling disappointed and torn. I didn't want to wait any longer for answers. I did not want another biopsy. I wanted the game plan! But, in the back of mind I realized it gave me a little more time before I had to start this process that I didn't want to do in the first place. It gave me a little more time to pretend like the breast cancer wasn't real, if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment