July 30, 2012

"Thankfulness...Right Now?"

I realize it is too early for Thanksgiving, but why procrastinate? So, I am working on thankfulness. It seems like bad timing to take on this task right now, but I know it is what I have to do to get through the days, weeks and months ahead. I am currently thankful that I was able to spend a few days back home in Tulsa to celebrate my baby's first birthday (a bit early)! I am thankful for my parents, grandparents, brother, cousins, aunt, uncle, in-laws (and the occasional outlaws) that came out to show their support for our family. It was a solid group of people who care about us. That is something for which to be thankful.
I also am thankful for the break from thinking about medical jargon and doctors. Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't admit it was always in the back of my mind. But, we are back home to Columbia preparing to face the journey that lies ahead. I want to ask Robert Frost which road is the one less traveled, because if it is this one then I'm not sure he had the right idea!

So, I'll try to keep working on thankfulness in the midst of things that don't make me feel like doing so. I know there are many people who are currently dealing with situations much worse than mine. But, as a preacher once told me, it may only be a paper cut, but it is your paper cut and it still hurts!

3 comments:

  1. You font know me but my name is Shanna and I went to school with Becky since middle school. I came across your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I love your postivie thinking.....it will be that energy that will get you thru this, so keep it coming. I'm sorry that you are going thru this but I don't have a doubt in my mind- you will be a survivor and don't ever let that thought leave your mind. :) take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shanna! It's wonderful to hear positive thoughts from others! I wish Becky could talk me through some of this medical stuff right now, I have lots of questions for her! That also reminds me how lucky I am despite what I'm dealing with.

    ReplyDelete