August 24, 2012

"Most Popular Patient Ever!"

At the end of my chemo treatment, my radiation treatments will get underway. I may get a two week break, like a treatment-free vacation! I just had my first appointment with my radiation oncologist. It looks like we'll be hanging out for about six weeks (30 treatments).

I'll be glad to see him again! It will mean that things are winding down and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I just might be able to see it by then! Plus, as a bonus, he promised to tell me a joke a day.

According to him, I also have the unique opportunity to become the most popular patient ever after it was revealed that I work for Hershey and do have access to samples! Hey, a joke plus winning the popularity contest...what a deal!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh chocolate! LOL! Yep that will make you popular!

    Well I have another appointment next Tuesday to see my plastic surgeon. I'll need to be overfilled before radiation starts as it causes some shrinkage. And then I have a appointment for the simulation on Friday, though if they can get me in Tues or Wed that would be better, I'm on the list in case they get a cancellation.

    And then after radiation is over I'll finally get to finish my reconstruction. New boobs for Christmas! At least that's what I'm aiming for! :D

    Hmmm....those are some good thoughts, think I'll post them on my page as well. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete