August 12, 2012

"Where Does My Help Come From"

"My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!" Psalm 121:2

The Lord sent my Mom and Dad to fill in recently. My help came from them in spades! They arrived August 1 (the day before surgery) and just left today. Mom cleaned the house, cooked every dinner, fed everyone breakfast and lunch, made several trips to the grocery store, took Kaylee to a dentist appointment and back-to- school clothes shopping. She did untold loads of laundry, took me to pre-op and post-op doctor appointments and sat in the waiting room with Kent during my surgery. She took care of the baby. Even though I'm sure she enjoyed this part the most, every feeding and diaper change and everything else was a lot of work. I'm sure Jayce is crawling around wondering where that other Mommy went. Me too.

Dad took Kaylee shopping and bought her some school shoes (the kind that only Grandparents would buy because Mom and Dad wouldn't spend that much)! He played with the kids, fixed a leaky bathtub faucet, installed a new ceiling fan, and ran all kinds of errands.

They have been steady, rock solid providers of love and care. I don't know what to say because thank you is too small and just doesn't cover it. I'm crying because it is like God's love, just something that you can't repay no matter how much you want too. I miss them already, but not because of all the "things" that they did. I just miss their loving presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment